8.5.13

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Favorites: Nars blush in Luster, Dr Jart bb cream (I love that it has a high SPF level), Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation, (seriously, the best foundation I've ever used), Benefit Hoola bronzing powder (perfect for contouring), Makeup Forever finishing powder (say goodbye to the shiny face), Smashbox loose powder, Smashbox luminizing lotion (just a tad on the cheekbones make a world of a difference), Mac "Chili" matte lipstick, Jo Malone lip conditioner.
IMG_1881
I've become a little bit of a skincare junkie this past year. One product I cannot live without but forgot to photograph is "Egyptian Magic" skin cream. I normally pick it up at my local Whole Foods and it's seriously magic. I use it to heal cuts, smooth out dry patches, it even heals my pimples! After a quick google search, I am surprise to see it being sold at Urban Outfitters. Oh whaa? Get it here
IMG_1887
My mom turned me onto SK-II and La Mer products. It's definitely a splurge but worth every single cent! I swear by SK-II's Facial Treatment Essence. I splash this on my face every morning and night after cleansing followed by their brightening serum. The two combination leaves my skin plump, soft, and radiant. Ler Mer is known for their "Cream de la Mer", however I found it to be too rich for my skin type. So I was recommended La Mer's soft cream and it's just perfect. I use it as a night cream and during the day I use their moisturizing lotion under their SPF lotion. Rain or shine, I never leave the house without SPF protection. 
IMG_1879
IMG_8329
I'm a huge believer of dry shampoo and I've tested many different brands. For the past 5 years, I've religious gone through a bottle of Rene Furterer Dry Shampoo every other week. But since both Sephora and my beauty salon have stopped carrying the brand, I've decided to try out Oribe's Dry Texturizing Spray. I have to say I like it more than the Rene Furterer brand, it absorbs and smells a lot better. Another thing I can't live without is this Seaberry body cream by Fresh, it's just so... fresh.. and so clean.. clean. Oh and this St Tropez self tanning mousse is heaven sent for my pasty legs. But don't forget to use the tanning mitts!
IMG_1909
The only mascara I've ever used for the past 7 years, Diorshow. A new favorite, Jo Malone lip conditioner, I'm hooked! Best eyedrops ever, Rohto, it's like a mint for your eyeballs. 
IMG_1907
IMG_1895
IMG_1892
Sunglasses from top to bottom, starting with left row: Celine Audrey, Ksubi iFould, Rayban 54mm wayfarer, vintage Christian Lacroix, no brand vintage, cheapies from The Cobra Snake, Rayban 62mm aviators, Rayban oversized clubmaster
IMG_1869
IMG_1905
My two favorite scents: the very popular Chloe and my longtime favorite Bvlgari White Tea
IMG_1897
IMG_1894 

11 comments:

Tina said...

super helpful, thank you! I've begun looking into skincare, can you give some more tips about your routine? that's a lot of product...

Anonymous said...

V ... Thanks for this but also please i want to know what circle lenses ur using! Please pls pls ive been asking for a while now pls ! Thank you ..i love u and ur blog just please answer back ! 😊

vy said...

Hi! I use the Geo Angel series in brown. Here's a link:

http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Geo_Angel_Brown_p/a2-cm834.htm

Thanks for reading my blog! Xo

Anonymous said...

vy thank u for replying ! :) means alot !

Mae said...

I'm in love with this post. I like the look into the vanities of people who have amazing skin and obviously good makeup skills (both points which you nail). I've never heard of the Bvlgari scent. I'm interested in smelling it now. I love the light, fresh and clean aroma of different white teas, so I amd totally curious now.

Love the skincare insight. La Mer and SKII are out of my range for now, but I love natural products like Jurlique, Anje, Caudelie, and Michael Todd. Highly recommended if you're interested.

It is extremely important to wash your SunEscape protection panels frequently to insure they do remain clean so as not irritate your skin with germs, bacteria and other free radicals. It is recommended to wash your panels as needed depending on your level of activity – i.e. if you wear your hat jogging you should wash panels between use; if you wear your hat driving in the car, wash panels 1-2 times per week, etc.

Click here to read about Viscose Fabric Made From Bamboo
Click here for information on Sun Guard which can add extra UPF protection to your clothing and SunEscape protection panels.
Helpful Hints:
For best results: Hand wash or use a lingerie bag and wash on gentle cycle; dry flat, or hang dry.
Do not use Fabric Softener on your panels.
Rinse chlorine/salt water from panels with tepid water prior to washing.
ETSIS Hats may be spot cleaned only, unless specifically stated otherwise.
Make sure your skin is not sensitive to your detergent.
For those individuals with extreme sensitive skin or clinical conditions it’s recommended to wash your panels between wearing.

Mae said...

Oopsie! There was a piece of copy I Copied for work... (blog reading while working... bad)

I'm sorry!

Anonymous said...

What lipstick/lip liner are you using in the above pic? I love it! Looks like it would be great for everyday wear.

vy said...

I used "Soar" & "Stripdown" lipliner with "Chili" lipstick. All from MAC. I normally blot a few times for a lighter everyday color.

Anonymous said...

Please would you write about your full skincare routine. I love your blog and you are beautiful. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Please sell me you Ksubi iFould... ;) Ive lost mine last in the Coachella .. :(((((( vnobrega@mac.com

Emily Boas said...

I love this site cordiyaly. you get another beauty to visit this site https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/beauty